The following is located in our Parent Handbook. If you have any questions, let us know!
Jellybean Daycare & Preschool can not dispense any medicine without parent
permission form filled out.
Jellybean Daycare & Preschool can administer medication if the following criteria are
1. Medication permission form is completed and signed by the parent. These forms
are available at the front desk. The directions must be specific.
2. At least 24 hours of the medication has been administered at home prior to
administering it at the center in case of adverse reactions.
3. Prescription medication must be in the original bottle/container and have the
original pharmacy label attached. Over the counter medication must be in original
container (containing dosage information) and labeled with the child’s first and
last name. In cases where medication will be administered at home and at school,
the parents may request a second labeled container from the pharmacy for the
convenience of having medication in both places and so that it’s not forgotten at
home or the center.
4. Dosage and instructions written on the medication permission form must match
the bottle/container information.
5. Medication must not be expired.
6. In certain instances, a doctor’s note may be required to administer over the
counter medication to your child. For example, if your child needs an over the
counter medication on a continuous basis.
7. Parents let staff know the last time the medication was given to their child.
We will not give medication in bottles/food unless it is indicated on the prescription
label. We will not administer cough/cold syrup to children under 2 years of age.
If your child is teething and you would like Jellybean to apply Oragel to your child’s
gums, we will only do so 2 times/day max.
If your child requires special medical procedures (such as use of a nebulizer or blood
sugar testing), you must provide written guidance for the teaching of staff.