Monday, November 30, 2015
#GivingTuesday is a worldwide movement to give back for one day. We have a day for giving thanks, we have days dedicated for deals in stores, and now we have a day solely for giving back. Whatever that means to you, is the right meaning.
This year, #GivingTuesday is December 1st, or tomorrow. Think about different ways you and your family can give back. Wether that is to the community, to other family members, or to each other. Giving back doesn't mean giving hundreds of dollars to the next nonprofit you see, it just means doing what you can to make someone's life a bit easier and a bit happier. If you visit #GivingTuesday's website, they have some different ideas of what others have done and what you could do.
Here are some examples that we thought of that could allow your family to get involved in #GivingTuesday:
• Donate clothes or toys to your nearest shelter or Purple Heart.
• Using the Family Dinner Project Toolkit found here.
• Random acts of kindness towards strangers.
• Volunteer. Food Gatherers is a great place to start, especially for little ones.
• Call your grandparents and visit them more often.
• Pick up trash.
• Bake goodies for the mailman, policemen, or any other community workers.
If you have any examples on what you've done to give back to others as a family, we'd love to hear it!